Holly Winterberry Red Sprite
Botanical Name: Ilex verticillata 'Red Sprite'
Here's a plant to perk up your winter landscape! Stunning red berries cover this shrub fall through winter and feed the birds. The leaves of this native holly are not prickly and change to a beautiful yellow before dropping in autumn.
- An explosion of large bright red berries in fall through winter
- Tolerates wet soils and is perfect for rain gardens
- Pollinate with Jim Dandy Winterberry Holly for best berry yield
- A native that creates a natural bird habitat when planted in groups
- Blooms in summer (insignificant)
- Full Sun to Part Sun
- 30"-36" tall and wide
- Deciduous; loses leaves late in fall
- Zone: 3 to 9
How I'll Get This
Order online or by phone for quick and easy curbside pick up.
We'll bring plants right to your door! Free delivery on orders over $125.
You place the order, we'll do the planting! Delivery included.