Holly Winterberry Winter Red
Botanical Name: Ilex verticillata 'Winter Red'
An outstanding native shrub that provides a profusion of bright red berries in the fall that last through winter. Birds love the berries! Perfect for a wet area and rain gardens. This holly has soft leaves that turn yellow in the autumn before falling.
- A profusion of bright red berries in the fall persist through winter
- The showy berries will help feed the birds through the winter
- Plant with Southern Gentleman Winterberry Holly for best berry set
- Will tolerate wet soil and salts and is perfect for rain gardens
- Blooms in summer (insignificant)
- Full Sun to Part Sun
- 6-8' tall and wide
- Deciduous; loses leaves late in fall
- Zone: 3 to 9
How I'll Get This
Order online or by phone for quick and easy curbside pick up.
We'll bring plants right to your door! Free delivery on orders over $125.
You place the order, we'll do the planting! Delivery included.
Categories: Berried Treasures, Fall & Winter Color Shrubs, Holly, Native Plants, Shrubs