Botanical Name: Quercus coccinea
This gorgeous native shade tree has a rounded, open habit. It makes a stately tree for open spaces or can be as a street tree. Scarlet oak is aptly named. In early spring the new leaves unfurl with a reddish hue. The fall foliage is magnificent scarlet red and linger well into the winter.
- Native fast growing shade tree with a rounded to semi-pyramidal habit
- Foliage is glossy green in summer turning to scarlet red in fall
- Young trees tend to hold dried leaves through the winter
- Makes an excellent shade tree, street tree or planted in groupings
- Full sun to Part sun
- Grows 40' - 70' tall and 35' - 50' wide
- Deciduous; loses leaves late in fall
- Zone: 4 to 9
How I'll Get This
Order online or by phone for quick and easy curbside pick up.
We'll bring plants right to your door! Free delivery on orders over $125.
You place the order, we'll do the planting! Delivery included.