Botanical Name: Physocarpus opulifolius 'Monlo'
Incredible dark purple foliage and clusters of showy white flowers make this native shrub a garden showstopper! As the shrub matures the bark exfoliates to showcase reddish inner bark which provides winter interest. Use to create a magnificent flowering hedge or as a backdrop in a perennial garden.
- Showy white flower clusters cover this handsome shrub in early summer
- Rich purple foliage adds dramatic color to the landscape. Leaf color will turn greenish during intense heat or if planted in too much shade
- This low maintenance, native shrub is especially well suited to tough growing conditions
- Drought tolerant, once established
- Full Sun to Partial Shade
- 6-10' tall and wide
- Deciduous; loses leaves in fall
- Zone: 3 to 7
How I'll Get This
Order online or by phone for quick and easy curbside pick up.
We'll bring the plants right to your door! Free delivery on orders over $100.
You place the order, we'll do the planting! Delivery included.