People often ask, "When is the best time to plant a tree?" The best time to plant a tree is always today! As long as the ground is not frozen, tree planting can happen year-round. Next you may ask, "When is the best time to be financially savvy while buying a tree?" The time is now! Our tree planting sale begins September 12. This means you get free delivery and free planting for your trees! Trees must be individually $200 or more to qualify, with no minimum purchase. We will deliver within a 30 mile radius from any of our three locations. And when we plant, we amend the soil at the planting site, add a mulch ring around the trees and stake trees that need support, all at no charge!
Many considerations can go into making the perfect tree selection. Think about what you want to accomplish with your new tree. To get started, here are ten simple questions to think about:
- Are you looking for trees that provide shade?
- Do you want a privacy screen to block the view of a neighbor's yard? (Don't feel bad, the neighbors keep us in business!)
- Are you looking for a show-stopper in your front yard?
- Do you need seasonal color to brighten up a spot?
- Should your tree provide fruit for you? Or maybe snacks for the birds?
- Are you looking to reduce your energy costs? Properly placed trees can reduce heating and/or cooling costs by up to 30%!
- Is year-round interest or evergreen color a factor?
- Do you need a tree that does well in a shady spot or full sun or perhaps a mixture?
- Do you have poor drainage in your yard and need something that can tolerate wet soil?
- Are deer frequent dinner guests in your yard?
- Maybe you are looking for a native tree? For Maryland residents, the state of Maryland offers a coupon for $25 off your native tree purchase. Visit the Marylanders Plant Trees website to see a list of qualifying native trees. For our Montgomery County, MD, residents, there is a $25 coupon offered for native trees as well. Take a look at the County's Leaves for Neighborhoods program here. Some trees even qualify for both the state and county coupons for a total of $50 off!
Keeping your goals and criteria in mind, you can begin your search on our website's tree library, or come in and talk to one of our sales associates to find the best tree match for you. If you have trees on your yard's wish list, now is the time to make it a reality!